Tuesday 25 March 2014

No Books Allowed - March 2014


Welcome to No Books Allowed. This is a monthly feature hosted by me, used to discuss things things in life which aren't connected to books. This post can be used to talk about days out, music, TV, video games, films etc for all those book bloggers out there who do occasionally do stuff other than read and go to book events!
No Books Allowed by Raimy, over at Readaraptor

So I didn't get to do last month, I was supper busy while at the same time having not a lot to talk about, this month has been super busy with a lot to talk about haha)
Birthday

So first things first,  at the start of this month it was my little girls 4th birthday (I still cant believe she's 4). Me and her dad searched high and low for weeks coming up to her birthday for dolls from Frozen, she's absolutely obsessed with the film and we couldn't find them anyway. Anyway to cut a long story short, we found them with days to spare and all the hassle and annoyance of trying to find them was worth it when she opened them the day of her birthday. She ended up getting clothes, all the Frozen dolls, an Elsa and Anna dress (characters from the movie, you can see her wearing the Elsa one in the photo), the Frozen Blu-ray (pre-ordered) a Merida doll and dress (from Brave), a Jasmin outfit (from Alladin), money, more Disney princess mini dolls to go with her Cinderella castle she got for Christmas, and well more. As you can see she was spoilt rotten, she is obsessed with all things Disney princes and only has a few of the dolls/dresses left to get. But she enjoyed it, she plays with her toys everyday and is currently wearing her Elsa dress as I type this.  Even though she gets spoilt on her birthday or Christmas I'm very happy to say that's one thing she isn't, spoilt. She appreciates everything she gets no matter how big or small. But just like any kid likes getting presents.

Family
in the last month I've been spending a lot of time with family. We've both been spending a lot of time
with family, and its been  nice. Really nice. Everything seems to just be sorting into place with our life right now and we've both had a really hard time over the last 4 and a half years so for things to be going right for us makes me happy. we deserve it, and I know that everyone says that once in a while but we really do. I used to think 'when will it but our time, when will we have someone looking over our shoulder to make things go smoothly' well now I can say it is. Glenn's got his job, Caitlyn's doing great at school, and me? I couldn't be happier right now. We have days where things aren't as good as I would like but everyone has that. For the majority of the time things are good. I'm still trying to deal with Glenn working nights 3/4 days out of the week, and the fact that people keep throwing their self at him all the time. I hate it, of course I would, I wouldn't be human if I didn't. But I'm slowly getting my own routines with him not around. And its getting easier.

TV Shows
So only the last week I started watching a program that I've waited what feels like forever to air. Its brilliant (well I think it is). It's called Star-Crossed and if it was a book I would absolutely devour it. I really really wish it was, but its not. (anyone know a book series like it than please recommend it to me). Today, I also finished season 4 of Teen Wolf. It broke my heart, the whole season, the whole series in general. I have got the biggest crush on Dylan O'Brien. He really is what makes the show, I didn't think I would like it at first but then I started and bam, I was in love. (another series I wish was a book). If you don't watch it I would deffo recommend it to everyone haha.  Another show that I just finished watch (or the series anyway) is Pretty Little Liars. I'm so done with that show, its just boring now. I have spent years watching it, obsessing over it with my sister and trying to figure out who A is, I ever tried reading the books, but after this seasons final I really don't think I'm even going to bother watching the next season. There is no point. I'm sick of being disappointed about it.

so that's what I've been up to this month, well mostly anyway. Boring as ever. Next month's addition of No Books Allowed should be good though, I've got work coming up, Glenn's birthday and serious planning for my sisters hen do. So watch this space. 

What have you been up to in the last month? :)



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're little girl had a wonderful Birthday! :D It's great that things are great with family and it's always nice to have that kind of relationship. I like this feature, it's great to get to know you with, I'm excited for more :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha so am I. It was bloody hard enough to find her presents haha.
    Yeah, I'm happy because for a while it wasn't that case. We didn't have the great relationship with some family members so we are sorta making up for lost time haha

    So do I, I've been watching it for ages and finally decided to give it a shot and I'm happy I did.
    haha thank you , I like to get personal once in a while :P

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate the time you take to leave a comment and do our very best to reply as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...